- • Mediation allows for communication practises to be
defined between the parties.
• It addresses the needs of both parties and the children.
• A mediated parenting plan can help reduce conflict between
parents by setting out clear guidelines and expectations
of both parents.
• Mediation reduces the negative emotional effects of
divorce or separation on the parties and the children.
• Mediation is notably less expensive than legal disputes,
and takes significantly less time to finalise. Whereas
Court proceedings take on average 18 months, mediation
may be resolved within an average of three sessions, depending
on the willingness of both parties to negotiate and actively